Water Pollution Facts
“How does it affect your health?”, you might ask. Well, there are so many factors! First off is that water is the body’s main supply of almost everything. It keeps the body going. That is why drinking polluted water can really cause your health to die down a little each time. Since water is the universal solvent to anything, it’s problem of pollution should also be solved. It’s not something we can just treat lightly, it should be prioritized. There are tons of water pollution facts we should know about. It does not only affect your health, but it affects so many major factors in our daily lives. And it also affects everyone, it affects mother earth.
It affects your health
At present, so many people are still naive about the fact that water pollution is happening. Just because we can drink good water doesn’t mean that the world isn’t having a problem about water pollution. There are so many minorities that aren’t given priority to. Hundreds, if not thousands, die from dirty water every single day. Not to mention, sea animals die by the hundreds each day because of polluted bodies of water. We should be able to learn water pollution facts so that we might able to help ourselves, and help the world.
How does polluted water affect your health?
How does polluted water affect your health? And how does it affect humans?
Try drinking untreated water, your body will surely react to it. Most cases will lead you to stomach ache at the least. Unfortunately, others die because drinking polluted water. Water-borne diseases cause 3,575,000 people a year. Take note that majority of these are children. We can’t just overlook the fact that polluted water is bad for your health.
- Drinking water contaminated by disease-carrying micro-organisms, also known as pathogens, cause various waterborne diseases, such as typhoid, dysentery, hepatitis and cholera.
- Toxic industrial wastes are regularly dumped into water bodies. These wastes contain heavy metals which seep into the water and are fatal to marine life. Using such water or consuming fish affected by heavy metals can lead to various health problems like cancer, infertility, birth defects and damaged immune systems.
- Polluted water has a number of chemicals that are bad for our health
- Pesticides – can damage the nervous system and cause cancer. Chlorides can cause reproductive and endocrine damage.
- Nitrates – are especially dangerous to babies that drink formula milk. It restricts the amount of oxygen in the brain and causes the “blue baby” syndrome.
- Lead – can accumulate in the body and damage the central nervous system.
- Arsenic – causes liver damage, skin cancer and vascular diseases.
- Petrochemicals – even with very low exposure, can cause cancer.
- Fluorides – in excessive amounts can make your teeth yellow and cause damage to the spinal cord.
- Drinking, accidentally swallowing or swimming in water affected by a harmful algal bloom can cause serious health problems including:
- Stomach or liver illness
- Respiratory problems
- Neurological effects
One of the greatest dangers to human health is water pollution. People can’t survive without drinking water, and if their freshwater resources are polluted, they can become ill from drinking them. Different types of pollutants affect human health in different ways.
Save Water from Any Source!
Save your health by drinking safe water! With Puritii Water Filter, you can now get safe & clean water in the palm of your hand.
The triple filter in Puritii Water Filter water bottle removes 99.99% of bacteria and bad toxins in the water. It not only is safe, it also is portable. Bring it anywhere, anytime!
For more information, click the link below:
To Maintaining Good Health,
The ARIIX Products Team
Please, Like & Share…Thanks!