Best Sources of Magnesium For Our Body
Best sources of magnesium are usually found in food. Magnesium is an essential mineral nutrient in our body. This mineral plays a vital role in the stability of polyphosphate compounds in the cells. It also plays a role in the DNA and RNA synthesis of cells. There are more than 300 enzymes that need magnesium in order to perform their biochemical functions in the body.
Best sources of magnesium
Magnesium rich-foods are necessary to keep our bodies healthy and function properly. Here are the foods that are best sources of magnesium.
- Almonds – aside from its magnesium content, these nuts are also rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that keeps the immune system strong. They are also packed with protein, great for a healthy snack since it helps fill you up and can also help you slim down. It also has omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sesame seeds – an ounce of these seeds contain about 100mg of magnesium. These seeds are also a good source of iron and vitamin B6. You can add them to your stir-fried dishes.
- Sunflower seeds – these are surprisingly best sources of magnesium and calcium. They are also high in polyunsaturated fats, therefore, reducing bad cholesterol levels in the blood. You can also take these seeds as a snack or you can sprinkle them on your salads to add texture.
- Bananas – not only are they rich in potassium, but bananas are also best sources of magnesium. You can take them as is, blend them into a smoothie, or slice them into a bowl of oatmeal.
- Cashews – a quarter cup of these nuts contain 89mg of magnesium.
- Tofu – half a cup of this vegetarian soy protein contains 37mg of magnesium. It also gives you 43% of your daily calcium needs in a half-cup serving. Aside from this, tofu also contains iron. You can add this vegetable in your chicken or beef stir fry.
- Pumpkin seeds – an ounce of these contains 74mg of magnesium. Not only are they best sources of magnesium, they are also a good source of fiber. They also contain healthy monosaturated fats and protein. You can eat these as a snack, or top it on your salad.
- Flaxseed – there are about 40mg of magnesium in a tablespoon of these seeds. You can add this on your yogurt or cereal, making it your perfect healthy breakfast. It also contains fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants, which are healthy for your body.
- Skim Milk – a cup of milk contains about 27 mg of magnesium. And we all know that milk is a great source of calcium. Not only that, milk is also a good source of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin D, protein, and vitamin B-12.
- Oatmeal – a cup of cooked oatmeal gives you about 57mg of magnesium. This hearty meal also contains folate, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, therefore helping you lower cholesterol in the body.
- Broccoli – this vegetable is not only rich in vitamin C, but it also contains 51mg in half a cup serving. Research shows that people who eat lots of broccoli have a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon cancer. You can get the most out of this vegetable if you eat it slightly steamed, or add it in your salad.
- Sweet corn – a cob of sweet corn is also packed with magnesium. Aside from this, it is also a great source of fiber, B vitamins, and vitamin C. You can brush it with olive oil and grill them to get a smoky flavor.
- Peas – A cup of peas not only contains loads of vitamin C, but it also has about 48mg of magnesium in it. It also contains protein, potassium, and vitamin A. You can add peas on your stir-fried veggies, top it on your salad, mix them into pasta, or make it into soup.
- Black beans – most beans have a lot of health benefits but if you’re trying to add magnesium into your diet, black beans are the one you are looking for. Half a cup of these beans has 60mg of magnesium. You can try making this bean the base for your dip on your next gathering.
- Spinach – dark leafy greens are loaded with nutrients and spinach is definitely on the list. A cup of boiled spinach contains 157mg of magnesium. There are a lot of ways to include this vegetable in your diet.
It is important to include magnesium in our diet. Consuming less of this mineral can cause deficiency which can alter and affect processes that are necessary for our body. Some symptoms of magnesium deficiency may include muscle cramps and chronic pain, facial tics or muscle spasms, headaches, anxiety or hyperactivity, sleep problems, and high blood pressure.
Lack of magnesium in the diet may also increase your risk of getting cardiovascular disease and Type 2 Diabetes. Magnesium deficiency has also been linked to cases of migraine headaches.
Best sources of Magnesium in a Supplement
To improve your magnesium levels more quickly, you may consider taking a supplement.
ARIIX, the global leader in health and wellness has formulated a supplement that is the best sources of magnesium: OPTIMAL-V by Nutrifii.
Optimal-V by Nutrifii supports the heart, eyes, skin, and lungs of a person. It does this via a comprehensive spectrum of vitamins and antioxidants. Having antioxidants alone can increase or boost the user’s immune system. How? The main function of antioxidants is to fight free radicals in the body. These free radicals are compounds that can destroy cells. This can then lead to illnesses and signs of aging more visible.
The supplement can also support the eyes. It contains vitamins and minerals like beta-carotene, vitamin C, E, zinc, and magnesium. All of which supports the maintenance of a healthy vision.
It backs up the heart and lungs via vitamins B and E. Along with those two are the antioxidant properties it has. Those components work well with each other. This is true especially when it comes to the diet and providing support to the cardiovascular system of a person.
The recommended dosage of Optimal-V is 3 tablets, twice daily.
To know more of the product, Optimals By Nutrifii, click OPTIMAL-V BY NUTRIFII.
To Maintaining Good Health,
The ARIIX Products Team
Please Like & Share…Thanks!
>>> Receive a PDF of this Page/Article...Enter your Email Address
ARIIX provides unique high-quality products meeting consumer demands in the health and wellness industry for complete & balanced nutrition, weight loss management, water & air filtration, personal care products, essential oils, and anti-aging skincare.
The ARIIX Products are…GLUTEN FREE, NO SOY, NO DAIRY, NO GMO, NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, NO SUGARS, NO BINDERS, & USE NO FILLERS!